...not of the journey but about sharing it with "the world". If I'm going to be successfully then I need to share everything - the good, the bad, and the ugly - with others. I know from my past attempts that it's not just enough for me to be accountable to myself...I need to be accountable to others or else there isn't a slippery slope for me and that's when I struggle, give into temptation, and, ultimately, fail.
At 41 I've finally come to the conclusion that I need to ditch the weight that has always - in some way, shape, or form - held me back from so many things in my life. I've gotten close to my goal once before but, like so many times before, I let all of my hard work slip away and so I sit here, literally, trying to fight the battle yet again. I'm doing all the "right" things - hitting the gym as much as possible, keeping track of what goes into my mouth, pushing myself to constantly be more active - but the accountability part is the last piece that I need to be successful.
The road will be bumpy...there will be good days, bad days, and in-between days...but a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do. It's now or never and, if sharing all the "loveliness" I'm going through will help get the motivation mojo going, then I'm all in - bring it on!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment